Rules for traffic by boat.
- Travel more than 100 meters from the nearest fish farm when fishing. All boat traffic must take place at least 20 meters away from fish farms and mooring devices.
- From 1 May 2015, the use of life jacket/flotation suit is mandatory for everyone on board boats with a length of less than 8 meters. Exceptions are if you are at anchor or in port.
- Do not fish below the minimum size.
- The alcohol limit for the driver of a boat under 15m is 0.8 ‰.
- Maximum speed when you’re driving in a harbor is 5 knots (9 km/h).
- From 01.05.2010 must persons born after 01.01.1980 have a certificate to drive boats longer than 8 m and/or equipped with engines stronger than 25 HP.
Foreign tourists must follow these rules when fishing in the sea:
- Only use handheld gear (tourists are not allowed to use nets, pots, traps, lines etc.).
- Not allowed to sell the catch.
- Cannot participate in the direct capture of king crab.
- Can, under certain conditions, participate in hunting for coastal seals together with a Norwegian citizen if you have an approved shooting license.